Monday, December 15, 2008

First weeks in Germany

I still need to learn how to put pictures in order so these are exactly backward as you read down the page (may make more sense to start from the bottom of this post if you're interested in things going in order!!!!) "They call me.... TROUBLE!!!"
"What, do you thing I'm going to cause some damage with this ball????"

Eating a cookie can be very difficult work (Actually, we just thought he'd fallen asleep with his head on his hand but when we went to pick him up we found a cookie still in his hand!!!)

"I have no idea why Uncle Mike would call me 'noodle-head', but yes, it's better than "THUNDERCLOUD".

"I know how Ralphy's little brother felt in "A Christmas Story", except that I can go ahead and pee my pants and mom and dad will take care of it"
This is how Thomas was dressed up for the St. Martins parade (see below) and he borrowed Killian Kormann's lantern for a few minutes so we could take a picture

Our friends, the Kormanns' invited us along for the St. Martin's day parade in their city (Moersbach). We also got our first taste of Gluewein (hot, spiced wine) and St. Martins brezel's (sweet pretzels given to children this time of year to remind them to share as St. Martin did).

Hopefully not a sign of things to come!! Just kidding, we've stairs in the house in Bechhofen and must prevent the little guy from getting hurt but he doesn't appreciate you on the opposite side from where he is.


"HI"

"There's a really cute kid in this mirror"
Also note the curls that are showing up - we're not sure which side that comes from!!
"Just chillin' and takin' a drink"

NAKED BABY ON THE FLOOR!!!!!!
(Watch for miscellaneous puddles!)

"Sometimes I don't mind getting my diaper changed"

"I'm about to cry, what are you going to do about it????"
"Why are towers built? To knock them down!!!! "

"Dad just needs to give me the ball and I'll be on my way"

Dad and Thomas sleeping on the couch at the hotel when we arrived (not a difficult picture to get most anywhere)


Dad ready to go to work

3 comments:

Gatfly said...

It's amazing how a month or two can change a boy! Thomas is looking so grown up! He reminds me of someone, I just can't put my finger on it....

Gatfly said...

....also looks like he is trying to chew his way out of incarceration. Love the fact that he is wearing 'striped pajamas' as well!

Me said...

Auntie Sally started the Noodle Head nickname. I think he had what appears to be bow tie pasta stuck to his head in the 12/08 posting...:)
Glad to hear your settling in and getting deep into ze German culture. I haven't had a sweet pretzel in ages. I'll pass on the hot, spiced wine...bleh...